Monday, July 5, 2010

Independence Day Celebrations

For the 4th of July we just stayed home for the day and bbq'd with the Lindquist. It's really nice to have days like this with the family. I know in a couple of weeks... I'm truly going to miss it! But thank goodness I can go hang out with my sisters :) Anyways... the Lindquist daughter Katy was over who has a little boy that's around 3 I think. He learned how to pee in the bushes. He was walking all over our backyard trying to mark his territory. It was hilarious! He was so stinkin proud!

For the night time the fam went to the Ewisonhowers firework show. This family lays like $3000 down on fireworks at one time. It's INSANE! I don't like fireworks very much. I had a traumatizing experience in about 5th grade. I lit my hair on fire and had a bald spot for several months to come. In fact.. I still have one. So needless to say... I say pretty darn far away from the action. I left the show a little early and went and hung out with a few friends and watched the fireworks of Vancouver on a hill. It is nutty. Sometimes I feel like I'm in the middle of a war zone.

For the 5th of July we went up to Mt. St Helens with the Baileys to try and see the crater. It was way to cloudy/freezing cold (can you imagine that Vancouver in July is Rainy??... weird) so we didn't get to see the crater. Instead we went to the visitors center and on a cute little picnic. Marissa and I didn't enjoy the visitors center too much, but my dad, Rick, and Brooke were LOVIN it. After we learned about the big eruption of 1980.. we went on a walk on one of the trails. It was BEAUTIFUL! It was amazing what the volcanic eruption really did do to the landscape. We then went on a picnic.. The picnic was a little chilly. After the picnic we went to a little stream near by and skipped rocks. Dad gets the prize for being best rock skipper.. it was amazing what he could do! Good job dad!! Here is a few pictures of the day...




2 comments:

  1. I can just imagine dad loving the visitors center so much. That's hilarious. And Vancouver is totally like a war zone on the 4th. I want to bring Savannah over the 4th ,maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She would go crazy! haha Quincey kept yelling.. WOAH! ARE YOU SERIOUS?? YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME! and I'm sure Savannah would do much of the same. haha

    ReplyDelete