So I know it is February 4th. But who cares. I'm bloggin about New Years! We had the best new years this year. We got to take an entire week off and go hang out with my family in St. George. Sunshine and 60 degrees in December? Don't mind if I do. Thank you beautiful weather.
Besides the incredible weather.. we had a ton of fun! We started off the week with our Christmas party. We always have a Christmas party even if we aren't together on Christmas. We exchanged gifts, played games and ate pizza.
 |
| Christian, Kevin and I gave the kiddos Candyland. |
One of my favorite traditions is the one below. Each year we make my parents a scrapbook of the year. We started out making it by hand but have moved on to making digital books. It is such a fun tradition and its always one of my favorite moments of the Christmas party to watch my parents look at it and remember all the good times we had together that year. We counted... and we got to see each other at least once a month in 2011. I hope that kind of luck stays with us in 2012. So far we are golden!
We got to play tons of fun games. While most of our time together was spent play Bohnanza otherwise known as the "bean game". We took some time playing some games that my mom and Shera planned for us.
 |
| In this game we rolled a dice... every time you rolled doubles you got to pick a prize. |
 |
| You had to wear mittens and try and get through the layers of duck tape and wrapping paper before someone else got doubles! It was intense. | | | | | | |
|
|
|
|
My most favorite tradition of all is our matching PJ's. There something about 9 grown adults dressed as twins that I just love :) But seriously. We are the cutest things ever.
 |
| Best family, so much love. |
 |
| I endorse Karleigh's thumbs up. I think all it is hilarious when kids throw a thumbs up. But seriously, they are so cute. |
 |
My grandparents have a sleigh in their front yard, who wouldn't pretend like Santa in this?
|
 |
| We got to be in St. George for this cute little man's baby blessing. We love him so much! |
During the rest of the week we spent a lot of time just hanging out! We ate a lot of food, did a ton of shopping and we just got to enjoy time together.
For our actual New Years we had a joint party with my brother-in-law Brad's family and our family! We ate hawaiian haystacks and played bunco and pictionary. We all struggled to make it to midnight. . But don't worry we did it!
 |
| the kids pinata. |
 |
| BUNCO! |
 |
| Our $5 dollar Bunco prizes! |
 |
| We made it till midnight!! Happy New year! |
|
This year I got to bring in the New Year with a kiss from my love. It was perfect! 2011 was defiantly one for the books. I got married. Yupp I'm writing that down in my book. But it really was such a great year! Happy New Years everybody!
No comments:
Post a Comment