Alright. I know, its time for me to blog about the wedding. But I just know that this post is going to take forever... so I have been putting it off. We had the best wedding day ever. I promise, my wedding was better than your wedding. hahaha just kidding. But for reals. it was perfect! Here are a few of the memories, a lot of the pictures, and hopefully this post conveys just how incredibly happy we are!!
ENJOY!!!
The night before: We got to set up for the reception the night before. It was a lot a lot of work! It took us from like 5 to 11. It was all worth it! It made our wedding day go so so smoothly!
ENJOY!!!
The night before: We got to set up for the reception the night before. It was a lot a lot of work! It took us from like 5 to 11. It was all worth it! It made our wedding day go so so smoothly!
This picture actually describes the week before. haha We were ironing chair covers and table cloths for HOURS. My Grandma alone spent 8 hours on ironing the sashes for the chairs. Katie, who has earned the name of "Rule Master" in our family, made sure that everyone in our family ironed correctly. I think at one time she told Christian "that is the most atrocious thing I have ever seen." And then took over his station. I don't think that he was too disappointed that he didn't have to finish his shift out. haha She kept us going for hours.
My Dad and Grandpa Norval spent all night putting together those paper Lanterns. Then Christian and his dad hung them. I'm pretty sure they were all frustrated and bored to tears, But they looked really good at then end! So thanks Dad, Grandpa, Christian, and Tim! :)
I have to add this picture because it's just so funny.
My beautiful mother all wrapped up in her blankie, $1 diet coke in hand, asleep. She wonders why all three of her daughters are obsessed with those three things.
These are the bows that my sisters made for the flower girls!! They are SO cute!! Thanks sisters!
The room turned out BEAUTIFUL!! I am so grateful for everyone that put so much work into it. I have to thank my Mom especially. She did an amazing job with our wedding! It was seriously unreal. So many people asked if we had a wedding planner but all of it was my mom! She should start a business don't you think? But, I loved every minute of it! Here are some pictures of the finished product!
Our colors: Black and pink with a zebra accent.
People always looked at me like I was CRAZY when I told them my colors.. but I loved how it turned out!
Our cake was made by Jessie Giles at Cake Cottage! She was so good to work with. I loved how the cake turned out! I made the sign behind it. It says "Love is sweet". Get it.. cause cake is sweet and so is love! ;) haha
The gift table.
The Johnson sign was a shower present from my lovely sisters!
Luckily... all these decorations are now being used for a second time on our walls!!
Table settings and favors.
Inside the boxes were yummy home maid caramels.
They were so cute! My dad and Christian spent a few hours typing out the names on the place cards and assigning tables! They turned out so cute :)
This is a larger than life poster of Christian and I that was at the entry. A little creepy? Yupp. But at least everyone knew who's wedding they were at ;)
Guest book table!
Brittany and Marissa Bailey sat at the table and helped direct people at our wedding!
Our centerpieces.
They were actually Christmas trees that my parents found for cheap online. We cut off the stars and stuck a flower ball on top to make it a wedding center piece. My mom and I spent an afternoon looking for stuff to hang from it.. this is what we came up with!Now... I might be a a little biased.. but It's pretty dang cute!! If you want one.. we will sell them to you!
The Big Day: To say that our wedding day was the best day of my life would be an understatement. It was so relaxing and fun and I couldn't have asked for anything better! A lot happened in that short 24 hours so the post is going to extra extra long! haha
On my last night as a single lady I had a few of my girlfriends spend the night at our apartment with me. It was me, Kellie Hansen, Brooke Hansen, Chelsea Rhoads, Erika Emch, and Emily Holzman. My nerves were running high and the anticipation was killing me. Every five minutes it would hit me and I would have to say "Dude... I'm getting married tomorrow!!" I was so excited! I didn't sleep much the night before but when I woke up at around 8... I was stoked out of my mind.
We all got ready at my sisters house together! You have to pretend like we don't look hideous in the pictures below.. but It was all part of the fun :) My mom of course out did herself and had a table full of breakfast food. It was yumm yumm delicious!
My sister did my hair! She did such a good job :) I loved it so so much! She should start a hair business dont you think? The picture below is the best we got of the back. It was ahhhmazing. Thanks Shera!!!!
Savannah, Karleigh, and Grayden were so so funny that day.
Karleigh kept saying, "Abbie, You're getting married today!"
My conversation with Savannah that morning went like this...
Savannah: "Guess what happened to me last night"
Me: "What?"
Savannah: "I don't know how.. but alllllllll of me teeth felled out last night!"
Me: "are you sure?"
Savannah: "yupp! They all falled out. But don't worry they grew back for your wedding."
Me: "Oh good, I was really worried."
Emily, Brooke, and kellie looking as beautiful as ever!! :)
After I got ready my Mom, Dad, and I left for the temple. I was a little nervous for the car ride there because my sister Shera told me that on the way to the temple for her wedding our dad gave her the sex talk. hahaha Luckily he didn't. But it was a very emotional car ride. For some reason, everytime I looked at my Dad that day I just couldn't help but tear up. I'm so grateful that I have the parents I do. They raised me so good. And I love them so so much!
When we got to the temple I was starting to get really nervous but I was still really excited! Christian and I had some time to talk a little bit while we were waiting for the ceremony to start. It was nice to be able to calm my nerves. He always does that to me. Calms me down. The ceremony was perfect. I was so grateful to be surrounded by so many of my family and friends in the temple. It was peaceful and wonderful. Those few minutes while we were in that room with everybody, getting sealed together for time and all eternity, were the best. There were so many emotions flowing, but above all I was just happy. At around 3:05ish June 25th, 2011 Christian and I became a family. I couldn't have asked for anyone or any place that could be better.
The Logan Temple.
so so so pretty.
Coming out of the temple for the first time.. as Mr. and Mrs. Johnson!!!!!!!
He is so cute :)
When we came out of the temple Sophie was first to hug us! Karleigh and Savannah were a little nervous.
Here is everyone who came to the temple!! So grateful for all of the support!!
My beautiful sisters.
They are truly the best friends I've ever had!
Thank you both for all of you help for the wedding. We couldn't have done it all without either of you!
Emily Holzman and Erika Emch.
Both of them flew to the big Utah from Washington for the wedding! I've been such good friends with these girls sense I was in the fifth grade. Thanks so much for being there! It meant the world to me!
I don't have pictures with everyone else that came up to Utah from Washington. Buttt... the entire Bailey clan, Lorilee and Brian Huerena, Tomi Hansen, Pat and Marcie Ramberg, and Kellie Hansen all came up for our wedding! It meant so much to me that all of you could be there! You are the people that I really grew up with, I consider all of you as part of my family. You have all had your part in influencing me to do one thing or another in my life... and I am so grateful for your support and love! Thank you all for coming it was SO fun to have you there!
The beautiful bridesmaids.
sisters. roommates. high school best friend.
You girls are the best!
My brother surprised me with a phone call from the DR while he was on his mission! I was so grateful that I got to share 5 minutes of my favorite day with him :)
One of my favorite pictures.
We were crossing the street to go take bridal party pictures at the Logan Tabernacle. Everyone was honking at us. It sorta felt like we were all in a parade... but It was really fun!
My Family. missing brother. But he was there in spirit ;)
The entire bridal party.
All dressed in black and pink and looking fly!
![]() |
The cutest girls there by far. The flower girls. I wish so bad I could rock that outfit.. but I don't think I could pull it off like they can! adorable. |
Christian and the bridesmaids.
I think he felt awkward in this picture!
Christians beautiful family :)
The Handsome Groomsmen.
Lucas, Rick, and Aaron.
This makes the most awkward picture of the day.
They were a little scared to be by me ;)
But I still love them all!
The Pickett boys.
Christian and his mother :)
Rachel and Lucas.
Christians brother and sister!
I love my daddy!
My parents.
You two are two of the most amazing people I know. Love you both so much! Thanks for making my wedding possible. You guy's are the best!
mama p :) lookin beautiful!
My best friends!
Shera. Mama. Katie.
The pickett girls!
Christians awesome cousin Aaron!
If he isn't the cutest little boy you have ever seen.. then you should probably not read my blog anymore ;)
Just kidding. But for reals. He is so stinkin cute! And he was so done with pictures!
Christians mom Robyn made us this beautiful quilt!
Our DJ, Mike Parsons, he did an AMAZING job.
The night ran so smoothly and we didn't have to worry about a thing! Thank you Mike!
Rick gave such a nice speech about Christian!
We are so grateful that Rick and his wife Bri our in our lives!
We love to hang out with them!
My sisters gave a not quite as nice speech about me as Rick did about Christian! BUT it was hilarious and I guess it said a few nice things too! Thanks sistasssss
Christians dad Tim giving his speech! It was funny and awesome!
My Dad reading the poem that my mom and dad wrote for me!
This is the don't you dare do it face.
And this is Christians but I really wanna do it face.
He listened to the don't you dare do it face haha
Looks like Erika's next ;)
Our first dance!
We took dancing lessons for a few weeks before our wedding
We danced to the sound Marry Me (the first dance remix) by train.
We learned a Rumba. It was really fun for us to learn! I wish that we could have had it recorded.
Our daddy daughter dance!
We danced to I Loved Her First by Heartland.
I have the cutest old man ;)
mother son dance.
They danced to The Perfect Fan by the Backstreet Boys.
It was so cute!
SO fun :)
Grayden and Savannah are tooo cute.
Grandma and Grandpa dancing with their great-granddaughter.
The rents. cute as ever :)
Leaving the reception!
the bridesmaids did a lovely job decorating the car.
It took them like a half hour.. and we noticed they were gone. When they got back we asked them where they were and they all said they were just in the bathroom... I knew they were up to something.. or else someone was having some serious plumbing issues. But I figured it out when we left :) haha
I honestly had the best day ever. Not many people can say that their wedding day was so awesome and relaxed and that they enjoyed every minute of it. But I can. I'm so thankful for Christian. He is the most amazing husband. I sure did pick a good one and I know I am so lucky! He was the most handsome groom and every time I looked at him that day I couldn't help but smile. I love him so so so so much! Being married is the best :)
Some things I don't want to forget.
- Of course getting married!!!! That was the best part of they day. Changed my life forever ;)
- Hugging all of our friends and family in the temple. So special.
- Watching our nieces and nephews boogie on the dance floor. They were so cute! I think I even saw them break dancing at one period in time.
- Watching my Grandparents on the dance floor. They also had some good moves.
- At one time the dance floor was packed and we were doing the cha cha slide. My old roommate Bridgette biffed it on the dance floor. She didn't hurt anything.. so it was funny. I'm a sucker for face plants.. they make me laugh everytime. Sorry Bridgette :)
- Christians cousin Garret hit on just about every female in the room. We should have had a tally of how many people he flirted with that night. It was hilarious! At one point.. he was even dancing with the coppermill waitress.
- The grand entrance. About 15 minutes before we were about to enter the room.. we all decided that we were going to dance in. I had been trying to make my family do it for a couple of months but as the wedding got closer we all chickened out. Then my bridesmaids decided that they were going to do something cute... so everyone else did too. My parents danced in together, then Christians parents, then Lucas and Rachel. When it was my sisters turn the DJ turned the song from I gotta feeling.. to my humps. My sister Shera is prego so she started rubbing her belly. It was pretty awesome! After my sisters danced in with their kiddos.. the groomsmen came zooming in on Aaron's wheelchair, and then then came Chelsea, Brooke, and Kellie with their runway routine. Finally we came in with an EPIC heel click! We were right together. It was pretty fun!
- Dancing with my dad. It something that I don't get to do very often.. but it was really nice to just be able to talk to him a little bit. It was sortive emotional but very fun!
- Watching Christian dance with his little sister. I always love how he treats his mom and sister. It makes me know that he will treat me good!
- Talking to my brother on the phone. It was a total surprise. I was sorta bummed that he was going to miss the wedding.. so it meant the world to me when my Dad handed me the phone and I heard my brothers voice! It was awesome!
- Getting ready with my Mom in the temple. We had a few minutes before it was time for us to be where we needed to be. We got to relax in the Bridal room for like 10 minutes. She helped me with my dress and all my finishing touches. She is seriously the best Mom. I love her so so much!
- The food at our wedding dinner was so so good. The chicken was delicious and the mashed potatoes were yummy too! I didn't get to eat much.. but I tried to devour as much as possible because it was SO good.
- When Christian and I got to our hotel the guy told us he was locking the doors so we couldn't leave. We were STARVING!! We couldn't order food or go get any food so we ate crunch n munch and skittles. It was pretty funny.
- Dancing with Christian. Actually just being with him the whole day. I was so happy that day! He is just the best.
Anyways, we had the best wedding day. I am so so thankful for everyone that put so much time into it. I personally loved every second of it! I had several dreams leading up to the wedding that everything was going to go wrong. But nothing went wrong. It was perfect!! Yay for love, yay for weddings!!






















































































Thanks for the blog. Once again we relived the emotions of the day. We had a blast as well. It was a perfect day! We love you guys!
ReplyDeleteThis is Shera...For some reason I can't leave a comment under my account BUT...I finally am catching up with the blogging world. I love this post and I am so happy for you guys!! It was an awesome day. Love you!!
ReplyDelete