Today I was thinking about how Christian and I met each other... and I wanted to make sure I wrote it all down so that I could remember our love story in the future. This is a super long blog post... but someday I want my children to be able to read it. Don't feel the need to read it... this one is for us!
So here it is...this is the story of the soon to be Mr. and Mrs. Johnson!
The first time we met was at the good ol' LLC. Chelsea had invited her friend Rick over to play some games and told him to bring some friends. He brought one friend.. and that just happened to be Christian. I will forever be grateful for Rick and Chelsea leading me to meet my forever.
The first night I met Christian I was sure that I would never see him again.
We played Quelf.
Quelf is the weirdest game ever.. and for anyone that is looking to make friends.. don't play that game on the first time hanging out.. it just doesn't make very good first impressions. haha
It was a crazy night and after all the yelling weird phrases, acting like scooby doo, boxes up shirts, bulls eye, and so many other weird things I thought that would be the extent of our friendship.
But... Somehow we got them to hang out with us again. We because really good friends over the next few weeks. After about of week of hanging out with the gang every night... Christian and I went on our first date. Rick (Christians best friend) and I were a lot closer than Christian and I at the time. I wasn't very interested in Christian but I thought he was way nice and cute. Rick had asked me if I would be interested in going on a date with Christian the next night. I of course said yes! It was about 1 in the AM and Christian called me and asked me on our first date. If you know Christian... you know this nothing like him. He likes to plan ahead.. so he was a little embarrassed when it came to asking me less than 24 hours in advance. But I didn't care... cause anyone who knows me knows that I like to fly by the seat of my pants. I'm not to big on planning ahead!
Our first date was a triple date. Christian came and picked me up at my door. I was impressed cause that made me know he really was a gentleman. Then we walked down Old Main Hill to his cute little Cooper. Christian opened my door for me and on our way we went! On the way to Chad's we made a bunch of awkward small talk. We drove to Chad's house in providence and met the other couples there. We went on the date with Chad Knackstad and Brianna Kapp (who is now Rick's fiance), Rick Utykanski and some girl I don't remembers name. The boys cooked us some burgers and we ate and then played some Rock Band. It was just a chill more like hanging out date. After Chad's Christian took me back home. He walked me to my door (which is up a really big hill) So I was pretty impressed. I wouldn't say sparks flew that night.. but it was defiantly fun and I knew that we would be really good friends. After our date I knew Christian and little better and we started talking a little bit.
Sometime later that week our friends together to hang out. We drove to a little park and kicked it there for a little bit. I'm positive that Christian hated this time hanging out. I don't think he had very much fun at the park... but I had a lot of fun on the swings. I love feeling like a little kid.
After we went to the park... we went to Christians favorite place.... aka BETOS!! I absolutely hate that place cause I think one bite and you are asking for a heart attack. But that's when I knew Christian was going to be my best friend. We were sitting in the back of somebody's SUV and he started making fun of all of our friends.. but they couldn't hear us. I was laughing so hard! After that I was pretty much hooked and wanted to hang out with him all the time! I thought he was the funniest kid ever. I saved my burrito cause I couldn't eat it all. Over the next couple of days we used it as a conversation starters. I got a lot of texts that said "have you eaten your burrito yet?" and he got a lot that said "I think my burrito might be moldy... want it??" It got us through for a couple of days... but finally Christian asked me on our next date.
I was really excited about this one because the last time I was with him I had so much fun. It was the first time where I think I really fell for Christian. When I was leaving I was all giddy and my roommate Chelsea was making fun of me. But I can't deny it... I was stoked! Christian showed up at my door again, always a gentleman. We went and got Jamba Juice and then went and sat in a park and ate it. It was just a really chill date. He was wearing a brown shirt. He looked so cute that day! We just sat there and talked and laughed and that's when I knew that I had a crush on this adorable boy from little Logan Utah. Little did I know... my heart was about to be stolen.
Later that night we all went to Rick's house to watch Zoolander. I bee lined it straight next to Christian cause there was no way I was letting any other girl have a chance with him! I sat next to him and we flirted the entire movie. At this point I knew I was falling for him... but I was still pretty anti-relationship. But none the less.. I wanted him to make a move! But the movie was almost over... so I thought that maybe I had read all the wrong signs. FINALLY when the movie was practically over (probably 5 minutes before the credits were rolling) Cdog made his first move. He reached for my hand!!! I don't think I've ever been so excited for somebody to hold my hand. But I was. It made me so happy.
Later that week we went up to the Canyon for a fire. This story makes me laugh cause the boys had SUCH a hard time starting the tiny fire that they finally got. But anyways, I'm getting ahead of myself. On the way to the fire it was just Christian and I. We were a little uncertain of how we felt at this point... but I would say that we had our first DTR (determine the relationship). It was a one question one... But he asked me if I was okay with him holding my hand... I didn't want to seem to excited about it.. so I just replied "yeah it was cool!" I think that kinda scared him off because I was being a little bit reserved about it. Gotta play a little hard to get, right?? So that night nothing new and exciting really happened.
It was the following weekend when I would say our love story really kicked off. We went to Chad's house to watch a movie. We watched Red Eye first and Christian and I cuddled all night long! haha It was perfect :) I fell asleep about half way through the first movie.. but we watched 2 more.. which I was also asleep for.. but that's one of my favorite memories of Christian cause I loved just being there with him. I was falling for him quick.
We went on a few more dates over the next couple of weeks, but we saw each other just about every night. Finally Christian made me have a DTR. We were on a hillside up on campus and it was FREEZING cold! We were just sitting there talking about what we were. But of course.. I was not about being in a relationship.. so we decided that we would keep dating other people. That was the first night Christian kissed me on the hill under the stars. It took him about 8 weeks to finally do that... but it's okay it was well worth the wait!
Later that week Chelsea went on a group date with those people... and I was waiting for Christian to ask me... but he asked someone else because we had decided to date other people. I didn't like that at allllll. So we had our second DTR on some bench over looking Logan. It was beautiful and perfect little view. We just started talking about us dating and how I had wanted it to be one way...but then he made me change my mind. I didn't really care about the crazy single college life.. I was ready to date Christian. So it was there on that hill side.. somewhere around October 5th, 2010 when our relationship became official.
Over the next few months I had the time of my life. I loved being with Christian. He is just the kind of person that makes you feel really good about yourself. He makes me laugh and he is so nice to everyone. He always compliments me and makes me smile. I have the best time doing nothing and everything with him. We had haunted corn mazes, more beto dates, kicken it in LLC, meeting of the families, the Howl, Christian's Birthday, we became "true aggies" together, and probably a lot more. I'm sure I left out some important parts to the start of our story.. but that was the beginning of us up to Thanksgiving break.
When I left for thanksgiving break I was really sad to leave him behind. But I was way happy to be with my family. When Thanksgiving rolled around I was most defiantly thankful for him this year. Before he went to sleep he sent me the following message "well abbie, I am going to get ready for bed. But in all seriousness, I really am grateful for you. You mean a lot to me. You make me very happy and I always look forward to being with you. I miss you. I am so glad you are enjoying this week though. Have a great night. You're amazing." Then like 5 seconds later he sent me another that said "and don't forget the fact you are beautiful. I am thankful for that too." Being apart from him made me realize how much I really did like him. I hated not being able to see him everyday.
Luckily, being the sweet boy he is, he came and picked me up at the airport so I got to see him the second I landed in Utah. It was awesome. When we got back to Logan he came and hung out with me for a little bit. We were pretty tired so we took a little nap. When we woke up I was just so happy to be with him and I knew that I loved him. I was just waiting for him to tell me. :)
Later that week.... we were cuddling and he got all quite and I could tell something was really on his mind. I asked him what was wrong and then his heart started beating out of his chest. It was so cute. I could feel his heart pounding and I already knew what was next. He had the most serious look on his face and he looked me in the eyes and goes "Abbie, I think that I am in love with you." I said "Christian, I know that I am in love with you." That was such a happy moment of our relationship. Another one of my favorite memories. In that moment everything was perfect and we were in love. I wouldn't trade that day for anything.
The weeks following were still the best! We were having so much fun together growing together and getting to know each other the best that we could. Christmas was coming up and I invited him to come visit me over the break. He tried to fake me out and tell me that he wasn't coming... but I got it out of him when were on the way to the airport. He came up a couple days after Christmas. I was really excited for him to come... but lets just say the week didn't turn out as expected. That week was the hardest week of our relationship. We just were completely off and we weren't getting along very well. We both had a lot of fun with my family... but when it came to us everything was all wrong. Now that I look back at it was pretty much all my fault. I was just really scared because everything was getting really serious... and I wasn't too sure I liked that. But, we still got to enjoy a little time together. Here are some of the fun things that we did over Christmas break:
After that week we really didn't know what was going to happen. But the week following was really hard. We got back and we were almost back to normal. I was having more fun together and we were only a little off... but this week was full of awkward conversations about what Vancouver was all about and what we were going to do about it. By the end of the week we decided we needed to stop "wasting our time" in way. We cared a lot about each other.. but we just needed to stop dating, take a little break, date some other people, and see if life led us back together. We were in a place where it was starting to get serious and it scared me a lot. It was a Friday night when we broke up... and we had a very tearful goodbye. Saying goodbye to him was so so so hard. None of my roommates were home so I was alone and crying. I've never been so heartbroken over a boy before. After about 24 hours I was done with that silly thing. I couldn't remember any of the reasons why we had broken up and I just missed him like CRAZY. So I broke down and contacted him. I was weak... but I'm glad cause it got me to where I am today.
On Saturday night right before he went to work I just sent him a text telling him that I missed him and I wasn't sure if we did the right thing. I just wanted to talk to him... but I didn't want to push him into anything after breaking his heart.. so I told him to text me if he wanted to talk. He texted back that night... but he had to go to work so we didn't really get to finish talking. I told him to let me know when he was ready to talk. But I think he was trying to be strong... I waited all day Sunday. It was so hard. I remember just sitting the hallway by the mirrors in my apartment surrounded by my roommates just crying and I didn't know what to do. I was sad cause I thought he would contact me... and he didn't. I for sure thought it was over. But finally during mid break down in my hallway I got a text. I've never been so happy to see "Christian Johnson" pop up on my phone. I was terrified to read it cause I didn't know what it was going to say. But finally I got the courage. He told me he was struggling with it too.. and that he missed me and he just wanted the chance to talk again. The tearful night ended with a happiness and Christian asked me on our first date of our new relationship :)
The next night he came to my door and picked me up. I remember giving him the BIGGEST hug. I missed that kid so so so much. We went to firehouse. I remember us both being really scared to show affection but finally on the way into the restaurant he grabbed my hand and goes.. "yessssss" and it was like nothing ever changed :) We decided to get back together that night. I was oh so happy!
The next couple of months were a blurrrr... but I remember falling even more in love with Christian. The end of January we talked about marriage for the first time. It was more like a joke... but it became very real, very quickly. That night I wrote in my journal....
"If I could reach up and hold a star for everytime you made me smile, I would have the whole night sky in the palm of my hand."
Cheesy I know. But for reals this kid is awesome. Not kidding.He makes me feel better then I even thought possible. This might sound weird... but when I'm sitting there cuddling with him... sometimes I just can't stop smiling. I get these little butterflies in my tummy and they make me want to stay there forever. He's sweet, kind, thoughtful, respectful, freakin funny, cute, happy, silly, understanding, spiritual, just amazing. He's that guy that every girl waits for. The one that calls me beautiful, dances with me without music, sings to me even though he's not the best, his kisses are sweet and they mean something, he wrestles me, he makes me laugh alllllllll the time, my best friend, I can be so so so silly with him, but I can be real with him to, he trys to understand no matter what, he cares about me, tells me he loves me, teases me, when he walks into a room... I'm not kidding... I lose focus and all I can concentrate on is him, he makes me dinner, brings me flowers when I'm sick, tells me I'm beautiful again, hugs me tight, and I miss him when he's not by my side, he is just the best, amazing, I love him. A lot. The other night we were joking around about getting married. I'm not kidding I got SO excited just by the thought of it. I can for reals can see him as my forever. The one I grow old with. I could raise my children with him. I have no idea if he really is the one.. but the sound of that gets me way excited! Who knows.. maybe wedding bells are in our future?"
Two weeks later I wrote this... I came to my decision really quick. I knew I wanted to marry him.
"This is it. It's what I dreamed of as a little girl. Wearing a pretty white dress. Spending eternity with the one person that I really do love. The one I wanna wake up in the middle of the night just tell him that I love him. The one that I want to have babies with and raise my children. The one who I want to comfort me when I cry. Make me laugh just because. And Just be by my side for the rest of my life.
"Forever could never be long enough for me... to feel like I've had long enough with you." Christian and I have been talking about this subject a lot lately. Forever. Its a big decision you know. It's not just picking what flavor of ice cream I want to eat at the marketplace that day. Its my life. My WHOLE life. It's the person I get to share everything with. Can I just tell you... that I LOVE The thought of that :) I've never been so... love struck by someone. Cupid came down and shotttt me right in the heart. Then Christian came along and stole it. It would be hard to get it back. I want him to have it. I'm so ready for the rest of my life to begin with him. Lets just get this done with! I've never been so happy with someone in my life. He is perfect for me. I want him. All of him. Not just half a heart. I want the whole thing to be mine! I think I wanna marry him. Nope. Actually I know I do. So that's what I'm gonna do. I'm going to the temple and I'm gonna getttt married :). THERE IS GONNA BE A WEDDING :)"
That journal really does describe how I felt. Next came our engagement in the last week of February. That story is here in Forever :).
Sense then we have just been falling more and more in love! We have been planning our wedding. And talking about our future. Christian is all I ever wanted in a guy. He is perfect for me. Nice, funny, sweet, understanding, patient, respectful, strong faith, happy, has an awesome family, he just makes me happier than I could have ever imagined. I can't wait to grow old with him, raise a family with him, and just be with him through the eternity. I feel so lucky to be his girl and that he is my fiance. I am the luckiest girl ever :)
June 25th, 2011 will be the best day of our lives.
Come a little faster maybe?


































This was so fun to read, Abbie!!! I am so happy for you guys!!! Love you!!
ReplyDeleteI read it! So sweet. I can't wait for you to get married.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing. Congratulations to both of you. We love you!
ReplyDelete