Sunday, November 7, 2010

The dreaded elevator

I just feel like I need to share this story! About two weeks ago... our elevator in our dorms lit on fire.  It was approximently 6:45 AM and we were awoken with a screeching alarm.  The night before my roommates and I had chosen to make spice girls videos so we were up till 4 AM. As you can imagine... when the alarm went off we all chose to sit there.. seriously think about if we needed to get out of bed or not.. and then we slowly got up and started getting dressed for the freezing cold.  Well as I was getting bunddled up, my roommate chelsea discoverd that this was not just a drill, there really was a fire.  She started freaking out yelling "IT'S A REAL FIRE! ABBIE HURRY ITS REALL!!" over and over again. and then she sprinted out of room.  Don't worry she came back 20 seconds later to make sure I was okay.  BUT anyways. It turned out our elevators electrical cords got heated up, and then started to smoke, and makde our whole apartment smell like burnt fire for like a week. 

Well... the elevator finally started working like two weeks ago so I decided I would try using it today.  I was terrified because I didn't want to get lit on fire.  I was talking to Kellie on the phone figuring everything would be okay!  But, I got to floor 2 and the elevator stopped working.  I was stuck in the elevator for a good 5 minutes by myself before I got out.  It was so scary.  We will see if I ever use that elevator again!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment